General Manager - Bowie Town Center - Bowie, MD
Bowie Town Center
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Hires, trains, supervises center salaried personnel.
• Conducts performance appraisals and recommends salary increases.
• Plans and conducts staff meetings.
• Serves as primary representative to the tenants by maintaining good tenant relations and conducting regular tenant meetings.
• Prepares annual operating budget for income expenses and capital expenditures.
• Canvases market to stay informed on market trends, local demographics and economy.
• Conducts daily inspections of center's grounds; initiates corrective action and follow-up to completion.
• Maintains center's compliance with local, state and federal codes, and company standards.
• Reviews financial statements and prepares monthly variance reports.
• Bids contract services annually and reviews services provided.
• Coordinates construction of tenant spaces; coordinates move-ins and move-outs for tenants including preparation of space condition reports, and attends final construction walk-through for new tenants.
• Monitors all service requests and work orders for timely completion.
• Attends regularly scheduled security meetings to review performance and incident reports.
• Directly supervises the Administrative Assistant to ensure all aspects of the properties administration is handled correctly and in a timely manner.
• Keeps Operations Department on schedule with project occurrences, and store openings and closings.
• Assists corporate in collecting delinquent payments from tenants.
• Maintains high visibility in the community, i.e., involvement in Chamber of Commerce, etc.
• Develops strategic marketing plan including purchasing media, supervising market research and managing public relations.
Skills (Desired Abilities):
• Sound administrative skills, well-developed management skills—principles and people.
• Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, business, or related area, CSM preferred.
• Five (5) to seven (7) experience in a similar role in the shopping center industry.