Property Accountant - Corporate - Columbus, OH
Corporate - Columbus
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Maintains the general ledger for a number of assigned properties or related corporate entities and properly reflect the financial results in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Responsible for monthly and annual “close” processes for respective properties which includes making necessary journal entries to record activity and to reconcile account balances to the detail sub-ledges and/or support workpapers.
• Performs detailed analysis and provide written explanations of variances between actual results and budgeted results for key income statement accounts as well as current year vs. prior year actual results.
• Assists leasing and property management in developing their annual budget as well as the ongoing forecast for the calendar year being reported.
• Calculates budget tenant reimbursement income by tenant based upon the assumptions provided by leasing for new tenants and the MRI recovery methods for the tenants in the current rent roll.
• Reports the operating results of the properties to the joint venture partner or lender as applicable, if it is required by the respective JV management or loan agreement.
• If required by the JV or loan agreement, compiles annual audited financial statements and provide necessary information to external auditors to conduct the audit or review.
Skills (Desired Abilities):
• Good organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft excel spreadsheets.
• Seeking to work towards/achieved CPA designation.
• Familiarity with oracle system or real estate accounting a plus.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• Strong analytical ability and written communication skills.