Regional Sponsorship Manager - Corporate - Columbus, OH
Corporate - Columbus
The primary duty of this position is to sell Washington Prime Group Malls as a Marketing Medium to agencies and businesses as well as work with Corporate Marketing to develop and secure event sponsorships at a local and national level.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Identify, create and sell revenue opportunities through strategic positioning of mall assets, media assets, and mall programming in order to achieve the financial sales goals of our property portfolio.
• Achieve or exceed personal sales goals and all property based monthly revenue budgets.
• Responsible for developing and implementing programs to establish and maintain favorable community and public relations to enhance the image and position of the center in the community.
• Create compelling client solutions to advertising objectives, articulate the benefits of Washington Prime Group Malls, and close large single or multi property advertising, sponsorship, or promotional programs on a regular basis.
• Target, pitch, and develop relationships with all companies within key categories (auto, health care, entertainment, retail, education, etc.) located within the assigned market.
• Aid in development of sales materials for the company.
• Responsible for monthly forecasting for assigned properties.
• Communicate regularly with local property, corporate and regional leadership teams
Skills (Desired Abilities):
• Extremely self-motivated, energetic, creative, independent person who can handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Adept at prospecting new business and able to effectively communicate the value proposition of Washington Prime Group Malls as an advertising solution
• Excellent selling, negotiating, proposal writing and presentation skills including fluency in multi-media presentation development
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word is required
•Eagerness to learn and grow in fast paced business development group and a commitment to do what it takes to “get the job done”
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• Minimum 7 years experience selling advertising (preferably Out of Home), sponsorships, promotions, or marketing services
• Extensive direct personal contacts with key advertising decision makers
• Experience in the shopping mall and retail industry a plus
• Overnight travel is required