Senior Tax Accountant - Corporate - Columbus, OH
Corporate - Columbus
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Tax Compliance:
a. Prepares annual federal (1065 and 1120’s), state and local tax returns and estimates
b. Prepares supporting workpapers for returns and K-1 packages
c. Compiles financial data for corporate tax reporting to comply with state and local government requirements
d. Works with other company departments to obtain information and improve reporting.
• Tax Accounting:
a. Prepares monthly accruals for state and local income/franchise taxes.
b. Prepares monthly journal entries and reconciliations for various tax accounts
• REIT Compliance:
a. Prepares REIT Testing for compliance with Federal REIT requirements including income and asset tests.
• Tax Controversy/Planning
a. Researches various state and local tax questions and issues.
b. Responds to state and local taxing authorities on audit inquiries/notices
a. Oversees installation, data rollover and use of CCH ProSystem fx tax compliance software.
b. Maintains unclaimed funds database and associated reporting to states.
c. Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills (Desired Abilities):
• Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Basic knowledge of federal, state and local income/franchise taxes (C-Corps and/or partnerships)
• Experience with CCH ProSystem fx, Oracle, and tax research tools
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work under time constraints to meet tax deadlines.
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
• Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility as priorities regularly change
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• Two (2) to five (5) years’ of experience with corporate income tax return preparation
• CPA or currently working towards obtaining CPA