Staff Auditor - Corporate - Columbus, OH
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
• Documents, analyzes and tests systems of internal control within the Company.
• Prepares appropriate work papers supporting the documentation, analysis and testing of the systems of internal control within the Company, whether at Corporate or in the field.
• Conducts on-site operational audits of the field locations.
• Assists with discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify the deficiencies and works with appropriate personnel in developing plans for rectifying the deficiency.
• Reviews and audits the disclosure controls regarding the Company’s regulatory filings.
• Works with external auditors to assist with execution of the joint audit plan.
• Works as part of the due diligence team for acquisitions, dispositions, stock offerings, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills (Desired Abilities):
• Ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
• Ability to Work independently.
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to prepare a variety of reports and analyses.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within all levels of the Company.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent. Incumbents are expected to have knowledge of accounting systems and procedures, ability to exercise independent judgment and develop recommendations to ensure compliance and efficiency.
• Up to four years’ experience. Audit or accounting experience preferred.
• CPA preferred, or willingness to obtain.
• Requires ability to travel domestically up to 15% of the time.
• Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, practices and standards.
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Knowledge of COSO framework, preferred.
• Knowledge of SEC filing requirements, preferred.